Friday, October 18, 2013

My favorite mistake

When I was a little kid, I got a new bike. Well it wasn’t new since it was from the swap meet but it was new to me and I felt like the happiest kid alive when I got the new bike. The bike was dark blue and had rusty parts. But I didn’t care. It was the same after noon my parents bought me my bike when the accident happened. I was riding my bike like a normal kid would do when they got a bike. It was a great experience as I was only 7 years old. I could feel the wind hit my face and it felt great. Until I encountered a push pin standing straight up as if someone had placed it there.
I thought to myself “I should probably pick this up before a car pops their tire” (I was 7 I didn’t realize that that was impossible for a push pin that size).
I did a full on U turn to pick up the pin because I was worried about what would if I didn’t pick it up and something happened knowing that I could of prevented it from happening. So me being a good person that I am I picked up the push pick, not knowing that would happen would be a great mistake. I did a full on U turn to pick up the push pin and I put my left foot down to scrap the ground to gain more balance but I was going too fast and instead of a U turn I did a circle and lost control of the bike and fell into a ditch about 3 ft deep. Luckily the ditch didn’t have water. My dad was outside with me keeping an eye on me but he was talking to his friend outside at the moment I fell and came up to me as soon as I started to cry. My dad came up to me and picked me up as I was tangled with the handle bars and the frame of the bike. I could taste the dirt in my mouth as dirt had entered my mouth as my face was against the ground. My dad helped me up and walked me to my mom as I wiped the tears and dirt off my face. Moms usually know what to do in a time like that. My mom put alcohol on my cuts to prevent them from getting infected and then put band aids on me. I felt better knowing my mom would cure me. I learned from that experience that you can’t prevent everything from happening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment